The Application Process
We’re happy to see that you want to learn more about the program that ESJQ offers – thank you for your interest.
Here’s a brief overview of the application and registration process.
Step 1: LEARN ABOUT ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
Before submitting your application, be sure to read the admission requirements. Follow the next steps to ensure that your application is complete.
Step 2: DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION
When you’re ready to fill out your application, be sure to include the following documents:
- Application form (Fully competed. To get a copy of this form, click on the Submit My Application button above.) ;
- Photo (a recent photo, must be in passport format: 7 cm x 5 cm (2 ¾”x2”), must be front-facing and complete from shoulders to top of head) ;
- Your most recent school transcript ;
- Up-to-date CV ;
- A cover letter ;
- Proof of your citizenship/immigration status (details depend on your status):
- Candidates born in Quebec must provide a LONG-FORM BIRTH CERTIFICATE from the Registre de l’État civil du Québec.
- Naturalized Canadian citizens must provide their Canadian Citizenship CARD, OR the ORIGINAL of either a valid Canadian passport or a Canadian citizenship certificate.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide photocopies of the front and back of their Permanent Resident card AND a copy of their Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ)
- Citizens born in Canada but outside of Quebec must provide a copy of their birth certificate OR another official proof of citizenship from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Since the ESJQ trains official stenographers specifically for Quebec, it does not accept international students.
For additional information and to access the form to attest to your status, if need be, visit Immigration website.
Once your application has been submitted, you will receive an email notification to the email address you provide.
Step 3: PAYING YOUR APPLICATION FEE
There is a processing fee to pay for treatment of your application. Every candidate must pay this $50 fee, which finalizes the application.
You must pay the application fee by money order or by cheque payable to:
- by money order,
- by cheque payable to L’École de sténographie judiciare du Québec
465, rue Saint-Jean, bureau 505
Montreal (QC) H2Y 2R6
Application fees are non-reimbursable. Your application will be processed only after payment has been received.
Step 4: PROCESSING THE APPLICATION
The ESJQ will analyse your application and you will receive one of the following notifications:
Step 5: RESPONDING TO YOUR ADMISSION OFFER
If you have received an offer of admission, you must respond to it in order to be officially admitted.
- Admission: the candidate has met the conditions and formalities for admission.
- Refusal: the candidate has not met the conditions and formalities for admission.
Once you have been accepted into the program, you will receive a confirmation by email. To finalize the process, you must accept or decline the offer of admission to our program. Please return your confirmation (or refusal) by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
After we have received your confirmation, we will send you the agreement for educational services.